Jewelry metals have captured imaginations for centuries. You may prefer one kind of metal, or you may be surprised to discover a new favorite among the wide range of metals used in jewelry today. Each has its distinct advantages and some have unique looks and applications for jewelry. Understanding the qualities of each different jewelry material can help ensure that the piece you select today will offer a lifetime of joy and satisfaction.
Understanding the various jewelry metal options for your jewelry will help you build a jewelry wardrobe that fits your life and style.
The right piece of jewelry can elevate a plain outfit into something worthy of an editorial spread. But whether you go for bold gold statement necklaces or delicate silver rings, it’s important to consider the qualities and characteristics of fine metal jewelry, especially before making a high-end purchase.
There are five main types of metal used to make jewelry:
- Rose gold
- White gold
- Sterling silver
These below mentioned jewelry buying tips will certainly help you in finding the most suitable jewelry, you are looking for.
- You must set your budget for buying jewelry and then explore all your options. By this way, you'll find a wide range of jewelry in your price range.
- Whenever you buy jewelry for your loved ones, always keep their personality and preferences in mind.
- Always buy jewelry from a reputed and a known jeweler
- When buying jewelry, you should ensure about the jeweler’s policy on refunds, exchanges, repair or replacement.
- When you buy diamond or gemstone jewelry, you should always ask for the stone certificate as well as receipt of payment. Stone certificate may cost you little more money but it will provide you a much-needed peace of mind knowing that you are getting your money’s worth.
- You should ensure that stones of your jewelry are properly polished and with perfect symmetry.
- When you buy diamond jewelry you should give more importance to its cut whereas when you buy colored stone jewelry you should give more importance to its color.
- When buying jewelry, you should look for craftsmanship and design. Your decision should be based on its symmetry, overall appearance and finishing.
- You should not get confused between two terms, carat and karat. Carat is used for stone weight whereas karat is used to describe gold's fineness or purity.
- While buying jewelry, you should not be in hurry or in pressure. You should buy it at your convenience and at your own pace.
These jewelry buying tips will certainly help you to buy jewelry with more confidence.